Job Posting Closes on Monday, December 21, 2020 / No phone calls please
The Vice President of Operations is responsible for providing leadership, guidance and oversight of a property management team covering a designated real estate portfolio. The Vice President of Operations ensures financials, operating and compliance standards, as well as the resident and employee experience, meets and exceed expectations of the Housing Resource Center Board of Directors.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR THIS JOB TITLE
- Strong analytical, problem solving and computer skills with a thorough knowledge of excel.
- Excellent written, verbal and electronic communication skills with attention to detail.
- Work in a team environment yet think independently and generate quality work product with little supervision.
- Manage multiple priorities and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to approach work from more of a “transaction” basis versus “task” basis.
- Understanding of real estate finance including debt and equity structures.
- High level understanding of balance sheets and income statements.
- Must possess leadership/supervisory skills, motivated and self-starter
- 4 Year College Graduate in Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) certified (or candidate) & Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS); preferred.
- Must have affordable housing experience, Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), Project based section 8 along with experience managing multiple properties in multiple states.
- A minimum 7 years of affordable housing experience with the HUD Section 8 Occupancy Policies.
- Knowledge of HUD 4350.3 Handbook, 4350.1 Handbook, 4381.5 Handbook and HUD Fair Housing.
- Experience with Enterprise Income Verification Systems and TRACS experience.
- Background and drug testing required; must be bondable.
- Must be able to work independently and in groups and must have computer experience.